This course is designed to provide basic knowledge of PT sufficient to enable a person to carry out tests in accordance with established procedures under the supervision of level III personnel. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to;
- To carry out operations according to written instructions
- Set up the equipment, carry out the test, record, classify and report the results.
Major course outline
- Basics of Penetrant Testing
- Penetrant Groups
- Pre-cleaning Methods
- Penetrant testing methods and techniques
- Types of Developers
- Inspection Procedures
- Sensitivity & Resolution checking of test systems
- Types of Discontinuities
Practical Content: Use of visible (Red) and fluorescent penetrant of various types on different surfaces. Use of dry, wet and solvent suspended developers.
Certificate: Delegates will receive a certificate duly approved by ASNT in compliance to SNT-TC-1A