This course is designed to provide a basic Knowledge of MT to enable delegates to carry out tests according to an established procedure under supervision of level III personnel. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for MT required for a level II technician.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to;
- * To carry out operations as per written procedure/instruction from level III personnel.
- * be able to set up equipment, calibrate and carry out tests
- * Classify and report the results.
Major Course outline:
- * Basic of Magnetism
- Magnetization Techniques
- Inspection Mediums
- Inspection Techniques
- Indication Classification
- Test Equipments and Accessories
- Types of Discontinuities
Practical Content: Yokes, Prods, Headshot, Central Conductor, Coil Techniques, Use of dry, wet ordinary and wet fluorescent powders, Demagnetization.
Certificate: Delegates will receive a certificate duly approved by ASNT in compliance to SNT-TC-1A