To provide a basic knowledge of RT to enable a participant to carryout tests according to an established procedure under the supervision of a level III personnel. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for RT required for a Level II technician
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to;
- To carryout operation as per written procedure/instruction from Level III personnel.
- Set up the carryout the tests as per established and approved RT procedures, classify, report the results and to follow safety norms.
- Nuclear Physics-Interaction of Radiation with Matter
- Shielding, Radiation Detectors, Biological Effects
- Radiation Protection, Basic Rules & Techniques
- Sources of Radiation and their characteristics
- Film Radiography
- Film Processing
- Inspection Techniques and Procedures
- Sensitivity & Definition, I.Q.Is, Other Accessories
Types of Discontinuities
Practical Content: Radiography of Castings and welds using X-ray and Gamma ray.
Certificate: Delegates will receive a certificate duly approved by ASNT in compliance to SNT-TC-1A