LIFTING AND SLINGING
At the end of the training, participants shall have knowledge of:
- Legislation, regulations and standards governing the lifting equipment
- The principles for the selection of lifting equipment
- Slinging methods
- Force Influences and Rating Methods
- How to do Load Estimation.
- Different types of slings.
- How to select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- The correct crane signals in accordance with BS 7121.
- Different types of lifting accessories
This course is designed for all supervisors and managers of lifting operations to be equipped with lift planning, risk assessment and method statement skills.
The details are to include crane selection, crane location, lifting auxiliary equipment, lifting and placing of the load, and all relevant safety precautions.
Course Duration: 3 days
This course is designed for supervisors, managers, appointed persons and all who are involved in lifting operations.
Download Management of Lifting & Slinging Overview
- Health & Safety at Work Summary
- Lifting Equipment Definitions & Terminology
- LOLER ‘98
- Requirements for an Inspection
- Marking, Storage & Certification
- Design of slings
- Different types of slings
- Calculate the forces in slings
- Uniform Load Method
- Calculating load weight(s)
- Textile Materials & Slings
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974;