This course is designed to provide a basic Knowledge of MT to enable delegates to carry out tests according to an established procedure under supervision of level III personnel. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for MT required for a level II technician.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to;
- To carry out operations as per written procedure/instruction from level III personnel.
- Be able to set up equipment, calibrate and carry out tests
- Classify and report the results.
Major Course Outline
- Basics of Penetrant Testing
- Penetrant Groups
- Pre-cleaning Methods
- Penetrant testing methods and techniques
- Types of Developers
- Inspection Procedures
- Sensitivity & Resolution checking of test systems
- Types of Discontinuities
Practical Content: Use of visible (Red) and fluorescent penetrant of various types on different surfaces. Use of dry, wet and solvent suspended developers.
Certificate: Delegates will receive a certificate duly approved by ASNT in compliance to SNT-TC-1A