Mobile Crane Operations Training
Course Objectives: On completion of the course t he participants should be able to:
- Carry out daily pre-operational inspection.
- Perform pre-use, monthly inspections and documentation.
- Define the titles “Crane Operator” and “Rigger”
- Interpret load rating charts
- Determine load weights
- Use basic rigging skills
- Use a load angle indicator
- Recognize correct crane signals
- Know the characteristics, operational mode, and Operational components of the types of cranes in use.
This course is structured to increase the crane operators’ knowledge, skill and proficiency level through classroom and hands-on training. It’s carried out in compliance to BS 7121 and BS 15513 requirements for crane operators and slingers.
This course is designed for mobile crane operators, supervisors and HSE persons involved in lifting operations.
Course Duration: 2 days
Pre-requisite: Course participants should have experience operating mobile cranes and have a valid driver’s license.
Certification: At the end of the course successful participants will receive a LEEA accredited certificate.
Download Mobile Crane Operations Overview
- Pick and Carry Operations.
- Jibs and extensions.
- Communications and hand signal.
- Pre use Inspections , checklist and documentation.
- Critical and complex Lifts.
- Accident avoidance and crane failures.
- Regulations and compliance.
- Use of Load rating charts.
- Correct crane set-up.
- Structural and stability limitations.
- Load Handling techniques.